BEAUCHAMP ROAD & GREEN LANE ALLOTMENT ASSOCIATION
An 8 acre site in the middle of Molesey that offers peace and quiet, a great community and the bonus of growing your own.
Our waiting list for new plot holders is now closed.
The current waiting list will take approximately three years to clear, so the list is likely to be closed until 2023; please do check back then.
WHO WE ARE
We are a very active self-managed site with a committee of volunteers and a relatively short waiting list.
If you would like to help, we welcome all enthusiastic plot holders to join the committee. If you have a little spare time and can attend our monthly meetings, please let us know.
We have work parties and social events throughout the year. Keep an eye on our facebook page and notice boards for upcoming events.
NEWSLETTER -APRIL 2022
The Committee thought it would be a good idea to send out a newsletter with our latest news, along with the enclosed Pumpkin Seeds for you to plant ready for the Autumn Party and Competition to be held on Sunday 2 October at 2 p.m.
· Firstly, we have a new Secretary – Georgia Dobson – Plot 97S. Georgia took over from John Parker-Jones when he left Surrey for the bracing air on the Isle of Aaran.
· Secondly, we have a new Treasurer – Edite Ruse – Plot 34N. Douglas Watson who had been our Treasurer for a decade has a new job and will be frequently travelling the world in his new role.
· Invoices are going out later than usual this year for several reasons. We are in the process of introducing a new data system, and establishing a new on-line banking facility. The next invoice will be for a 10 month period as we are keen to coincide our financial year with the growing season.
· Plot numbers seem to have disappeared or been broken. Would all plot holders please ensure that they have a visible plot number – this can be painted on your shed, a piece of wood, slate, stone. Anything that is visible from the pathway.
· If you have an item in the machine shed please notify us urgently and also ensure that it is correctly labelled with your name and plot number. We are having a clear out. Any items not claimed/labelled by the end of May will be disposed of. Email: beauchampallotments.co.uk.
· Please do not go onto other plots unless you are invited by the plot holder to do so. Children must remain on the family plot and not allowed to wander around away from their plots. Ball games on the main pathways are not permitted. Dogs must remain on a lead at all times and not allowed to cause annoyance to others on site.
· There is evidence of excessive use of weedkiller. Please be mindful not to spray the lanes and other plots. If you must use it, please ensure it is a still day.
· We are unable to open the toilets until we have a replacement team to clean them a couple of times a week. All cleaning materials will be supplied. Please get in touch if you would be prepared to help.
· Do NOT dispose of your rubbish in the manure area on site. Take if away yourself.
We will take action against those responsible.
Do contact us with any queries and we will do our best to help.
At Beauchamp Road & Green Lane Allotment Association, we are dedicated to stepping up our efforts in addressing this issue. Health Clinic is by no means an easy feat, but through cooperation and community empowerment we believe we can facilitate progress in this area. We are always striving to make a difference, and invite you to learn more and lend your support.
With this initiative, our goal is to promote great opportunities for those in need. With access to the right resources, people can become empowered by their own abilities and gain the confidence to fulfill their potential. Learn more about our work by getting in touch with our team today.
With our organization’s mission always in mind, we strive to find new strategies for dealing with this challenge. Food Donation Drop-Off is something that we take very seriously, and our team is working each and every day to make a positive impact. Contact us to learn more about our commitment to this cause.
Apply for a plot
If you are an Elmbridge resident and would like to apply for a plot, please complete the form below.